So my family and I are looking into doing an RV trip and we have quite a few things to think about.
On the trip it is going to be me, my wife and our 14 month old daughter Jane, my sister Sheryl and husband Don and there two kids ages 5 and 7 and the my parents. So a total of 9 people!
The RV we are looking at is a 2016 model that 36 feet long and has the pop outs and we will also be renting a van to have a smaller vehicle for day trips and mobility other than the RV.
We have a few logistical questions mostly regarding how we do this with a toddler. If it were just the wife and I no problem!
…Some of these are pretty obvious but clarifying for logistic planning definitely reduces stress and will ensure Jane and all have a great trip.
- Where will Jane sleep? Will a pack’n play fit in the bedroom?
- Jane gets up at 6am sharp and is not quiet about it. She needs to be fed and changed and entertained. Will it be problematic for everyone to be up that early? She also goes to sleep at 7:30. Will it be a problem to keep the entire RV quiet from 7:30pm on?
- Will Jane have a rear-facing car-seat that sits in the or van? Just confirming.
- How long are the driving stretches? Jane can barely stay in her stroller these days for over 15-20 minutes… frequent stops ok?
- Is there laundry or somewhere to hand wash poopy stained clothing? She’s been known to have blow-outs.
- Can we ship diapers and wipes?
- Should we bring a tub to bathe her? Will it fit in the shower?
- Can we bring a stroller most places we’re going? She needs to nap twice a day to prevent excessive crankiness
- Do Sheryl and Don have an extra carrier we can use for hikes and stuff that is not stroller friendly?
- Are we going to eat out or cook most of the time? We’ll need to bring along food for her:
-breakfast: organic whole milk, oatmeal, berries/fruit f
-snack: cheerios, banana, veggie/fuits pouches, applesauce
-lunch/dinner: protein (cottage cheese, chicken, beef, pork, fish, beans) and veggie (zucchini, squash, sweet potato, peppers, broccoli, green beans, onions, avocado)
*She can generally eat what we eat, but we like to have other stuff for her just in case
Maybe your wondering why anyone would want to be in an RV? Well this guys tells us why….